Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Don't You Worry For Me this is My Life

    They say you can't sleep alone in a strange place, then they tell you you can't sleep with somebody else.
                                       Ah, but sooner or later you sleep in your own space.
                                         Either way it's ok you'll wake up with yourself.
      Been listening to Billy Joel today. If you don't know who he is I want you to get on youtube right now and find out.Do it. You'll be glad you did. You probably know Piano Man. That isn't his only good song. Anywho, enough with that, the reason that's actually relevant to the blog is that I was thinking about it.
      So, leaving is crazy for me because I've never lived anywhere else. I've visited all sorts of places. I've stayed places with and without my family many times. Coming home to some place other than my  house and calling it home is going to be strange though. I've come back to the same friends, and spent time with the same people for a loooong time now. I've always spent holidays with my family. This will be a new experience for me, and decidedly, I'm very interested/excited to see how things play out. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound insensitive, but I can either chose to be worried or be excited. So I'm exited. Either way, it's ok, I'll wake up with myself.
      On another note, people are funny. They can be talking to you and not really care until you go "oh, and did I mention that I'll be working for DISNEYLAND?" and they suddenly perk up. This is what I like to think of as my "I walked on the moon" story (reference the clip above). Other graduates are headed to do the usual thing like becoming a nurse or a lawyer...but I'm the one that's perhaps a bit impractical for my marine biology major in Hawaii come winter, but that is totally different from what anyone else is doing.
      Just a few more days to go though until I'm in SoCal. It's crazay. I'm almost there. Then I can give more details once I get there, but I will say that that they follow up often. I've had several calls and messages making sure that I'd gotten renter's insurance, and turned in my required papers. They've also sent emails many times. It really doesn't sound like it'll be so hard to become a part of the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment