Friday, August 5, 2011

Don't Worry, We'll Think of a Title

      I swear, it's like they pick people who sound like Disney princess to answer their phones. It's...awesome. Do you have any idea how uncanny it is to pick up the phone and hear some lady who sounds just like Snow White ask you if you have renter's insurance yet?? IT'S AWESOME. They never sound annoyed either. Gah. I'm honestly terrified of phone calls because I hate annoying people on the phone (ironically, one of the places I currently work for requires calling people for three hours a night...), but it's never bad with Disney.
      Sooooooooooooo, I'm sure you're sitting on the edge of your seat (if you're actually reading this O.o) wondering when I leave. Just about two weeks. Hooray! Mi familia will be driving me down (by the time you drive as far as we do a few changes occur: 1. you REALLY have to pee 2. your legs become an interesting jell-o type substance that is entirely useless for walking.) I've spent a lot of time in big cities so this is nothing really new to me. I'm apprehensive, but rather excited about it.
     Generally, I like to have a plan when I go to do this sort of thing, but I'll be winging it this time until they send me some sort of schedule.I still have yet to chose the courses I'll be taking through Disney (I couldn't quite decide whether I wanted to do the Marketing You courses or the lecture series). My dream for the actual job portion is to work on the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror ride. Not because I'm a creeper, but because there's more artistic freedom with your interactions with guests. and as I'll be an "attraction hostess" (mmmm, what a great name) I'm hoping to work my way there. It'll be during the Nightmare Before Christmas version of the [Haunted Mansion] ride too. Bueno.
     The Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion (in case anybody is curious) is just a special version of the ride that goes from October to December. They originally didn't plan to make it a reoccurring thing, but it was well received so they've kept bringing it back. It's the regular Haunted Mansion ride with Nightmare Before Christmas music and characters. It's pretty suped up. I liked it. But I'll tell ya now, similar to getting on It's a Small World, you'll get Kidnap the Sandy Claws stuck in your head for the next month.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment